M.S.Ed. Admission Requirements
William Jewell College seeks candidates for this program who desire to be teacher leaders. Applicants must be willing to do action research in his/her own class to investigate issues of differentiation. Candidates will be critical thinkers of high character who are dedicated to the profession of teaching.
To be admitted to the M.S.Ed. in Differentiated Instruction at William Jewell College applicants must meet the following requirements and provide appropriate documentation:
- Must be a certified educator currently employed in a school.
- Evidence of certification
- Evidence of employment with a school for the following school year
- An articulate and persuasive candidate essay discussing expected program outcomes and how this program will enhance the applicant’s role as a teacher leader in his/her school.
- Evidence of baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 overall grade point average based on a 4.0 scale.
- Two professional recommendations: one from administrative supervisor; second from colleague or other supervisor.
- A completed application form on which the applicant specifies the one or two year cohort OR the graduate certificate option.
- A professional resume/vitae.
Applications for Summer 2014 are now being accepted. Application deadline is April 1, 2014.