What's Summer Fling?
All new students are invited and encouraged to participate in our two-day Summer Fling program. Jewell's Orientation leadership team and first-year Resident Assistants facilitate this overnight event.
At Summer Fling, you will have the opportunity to meet your future classmates, choose a roommate and explore both campus and Kansas City. Jewell student mentors have planned a fun and informative two days for you on The Hill! Check out the schedule below and review our suggested What to Bring List.
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Check-in and activities with your Mentor/RA
- 1 p.m. Leave Campus for the River Market
- 1:30 p.m. Arrive at the River Market
- 1:45 p.m. - 5 p.m. KC Scavenger Hunt
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Dinner, River Market area
- 6:15 p.m. Leave the River Market for campus
- 7:30 p.m. Optional: Sand Volleyball, Activities on campus
Thursday, June 27, 2019
- 8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Breakfast, Greene Dining Hall
- 9:25 a.m. Choose: Worlds/Oceans of Fun OR Nelson-Atkins Museum/The Plaza
- 3:15 p.m. Leave for campus
- 4:30 p.m. Check-out time
Cost is $150. Please see registration page for additional information.