Almost every department on campus offers employment for students. You can earn money without leaving campus, learn valuable skills and explore career paths.
Looking for ways to cover tuition and living expenses? Our academic and administrative offices offer a variety of jobs for students through the federal work study program and campus-funded positions. Most students work about 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20. You can assist in a language lab, create videos for the marketing team, lead campus tours, help the groundskeeping crew, tutor or hold dozens of other positions.
Steps for Student Employment
- Complete a Jewell Student Worker Application. This form is required of all first-year students seeking employment. Upperclassman who have previously completed this form and submitted it to Human Resources will not be required to complete it on an annual basis.
- Prepare a resumé. Not all departments will require a resumé; however, having one will add that extra touch when you inquire about an open position.
- Come to campus prepared. When you come to campus, bring different forms of identification. Federal and State law require original documentation to be viewed by College personnel before being photocopied. Click here for the acceptable forms of documentation.
- Search On-Campus Jobs.
- Academic Achievement Center Tutor
- Business Office Student Assistant
- Central Services Mailroom
- Central Services Reprographics
- Curry Library Student Worker
- Department of Athletics Mabee Center Supervisor
- Department of Athletics Administrative Assistant
- Department of Athletics Athletic Trainer Assistant
- Department of Athletics Concession Stand Manager
- Department of Athletics Equipment and Athletic Facilities
- Department of Athletics Game Day Event Management
- Department of Athletics Mabee Center Lifeguard
- Department of Athletics Sports Information Assistant
- Department of Music Student Worker
- Department of Music Stage Crew
- Department of Nursing Office Assistant (Non-Nursing Majors Only)
- Department of Nursing Research Assistant (Non-Nursing Majors Only)
- Facilities Management - Grounds/Landscaping
- Facilities Management - Trades
- Facilities Management - Utility
- Languages Language Lab Assistant
- Office of Admission Cardinal Blazer
- Office of Admission Data Entry Assistant of Inquiries
- Office of Admission Outreach Team Member
- Office of Financial Aid America Reads Tutor
- Office of Institutional Advancement Student Administrative Associate
- Office of Institutional Advancement Student Development Associate
- Office of the Registrar Student Office Assistant
- Student Life/Disability Services Organizational Academic Coach
- Teaching and Learning Technologies eHub Technician