Almost every department on campus offers employment for students. You can earn money without leaving campus, learn valuable skills and explore career paths.
Looking for ways to cover tuition and living expenses? Our academic and administrative offices offer a variety of jobs for students through the federal work study program and campus-funded positions. Most students work about 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20. You can assist in a language lab, create videos for the marketing team, lead campus tours, help the groundskeeping crew, tutor or hold dozens of other positions.
Steps for Student Employment
- Complete a Jewell Student Worker Application. This form is required of all first-year students seeking employment. Upperclassman who have previously completed this form and submitted it to Human Resources will not be required to complete it on an annual basis.
- Prepare a resumé. Not all departments will require a resumé; however, having one will add that extra touch when you inquire about an open position.
- Come to campus prepared. When you come to campus, bring different forms of identification. Federal and State law require original documentation to be viewed by College personnel before being photocopied. Click here for the acceptable forms of documentation.
- Search On-Campus Jobs.
2020-2021 Academic Year Positions
- Advancement Administrative Associate
- Advancement Engagement Intern
- Athletics Athletic Performance
- Athletics Baseball Field Worker
- Athletics Communication Assistant
- Athletics Concession Stand Managers
- Athletics Equipment Assistant
- Athletics Events
- Athletics Field Worker
- Athletics Football Student Manager/Camera Operator
- Athletics Lifeguard
- Athletics Mabee Center Supervisor
- Athletics Men's Basketball Assistant
- Athletics Soccer Student Assistant
- Athletics Sports Medicine Student Worker
- Athletics Student Photographer
- Athletics Volleyball Student Worker
- Athletics Women's Basketball Assistant
- Facilities Audio-Visual
- Facilities Grounds/Landscaping
- Facilities Trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC)
- Facilities Utility Worker
- Registrar Office Assistant
- Teaching and Learning Technology eHub Specialist
- Theatre Administrative Assistant
- Theatre Box Office Manager
- Theatre Public Relations Manager
- Theatre Stage Crew
- Theatre Stocksdale Gallery Assistant
You've been hired! Now what?
- Sign the Student Work Agreement
- Sign the Department Expectations of Employment
- Sign the Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Federal W-4 and State W-4 Forms. Submit them to Human Resources in Curry Library
- Complete Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form)
- Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization