Almost every department on campus offers employment for students. You can earn money without leaving campus, learn valuable skills and explore career paths.
Looking for ways to cover tuition and living expenses? Our academic and administrative offices offer a variety of jobs for students through the federal work study program and campus-funded positions. Most students work about 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20. You can assist in a language lab, create videos for the marketing team, lead campus tours, help the groundskeeping crew, tutor or hold dozens of other positions.
Steps for Student Employment
- Complete a Jewell Student Worker Application. This form is required of all first-year students seeking employment. Upperclassman who have previously completed this form and submitted it to Human Resources will not be required to complete it on an annual basis.
- Prepare a resumé. Not all departments will require a resumé; however, having one will add that extra touch when you inquire about an open position.
- Come to campus prepared. When you come to campus, bring different forms of identification. Federal and State law require original documentation to be viewed by College personnel before being photocopied. Click here for the acceptable forms of documentation.
- Search On-Campus Jobs.
2021-2022 Academic Year Positions for Students
- Athletics Athletic Performance
- Athletics Baseball Field Worker
- Athletics Communications Assistant
- Athletics Concession Stand Manager
- Athletics Equipment Room Assistant
- Athletics Football Manager, Camera Operator
- Athletics Game-Day Experience Assistant
- Athletics Lifeguard
- Athletics Mabee Center Supervisor
- Athletics Men's Basketball Assistant
- Athletics Soccer Assistant
- Athletics Softball Field Worker
- Athletics Sports Medicine Worker
- Athletics Student Photographer
- Athletics Volleyball Student Worker
- Athletics Women's Basketball Assistant
- Career Services Career Specialist
- Central Services Assistant
- Central Services Cardinal Ambassador
- Central Services Mailroom
- Central Services Reprographics
- Financial Aid Student Assistant
- Human Resources Student Office Assistant
- President's Office Student Assistant
- Theatre Administrative Assistant
- Theatre Box Office
- Theatre Public Relations Manager
- Theatre Stage Crew
- Theatre Stocksdale Gallery Assistant
You've been hired! Now what?
- Sign the Student Work Agreement
- Sign the Department Expectations of Employment
- Sign the Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Federal W-4 and State W-4 Forms. Submit them to Human Resources in Curry Library
- Complete Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form)
- Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization