Almost every department on campus offers employment for students. You can earn money without leaving campus, learn valuable skills and explore career paths.
Looking for ways to cover tuition and living expenses? Our academic and administrative offices offer a variety of jobs for students through the federal work study program and campus-funded positions. Most students work about 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20. You can lead campus tours, support performing arts, assist coaching staff, tutor elementary students or hold dozens of other positions.
Steps for Student Employment
- Complete a Jewell Student Worker Application. This form is required of all first-year students seeking employment. Upperclassman who have previously completed this form and submitted it to Human Resources will not be required to complete it on an annual basis.
- Prepare a resumé. Not all departments will require a resumé; however, having one will add that extra touch when you inquire about an open position.
- Come to campus prepared. When you come to campus, bring different forms of identification. Federal and State law require original documentation to be viewed by College personnel before being photocopied. Click here for the acceptable forms of documentation.
- Search On-Campus Jobs.
- America Reads Tutor
- Athletics Concessions
- Athletics Football Camera Operator
- Athletics Game-day Operations
- Athletics GLVC Sports Network Crew
- Athletics Photographer
- Central Services Assistant
- Central Services Cardinal Bookstore Clerk
- Central Services Reprographics/Mailroom
- Library Assistant
- Library Electronic Resources and Digital Collections Student Assistant
- Registrar Office Assistant
You've been hired! Now what?
Once the department supervisor has selected you for the position, complete these steps.
- Sign the Student Work Agreement and email/deliver to the department supervisor. They will sign and forward to Human Resources.
- Sign the Department Expectations of Employment and email/deliver to the department supervisor.
- Sign the Confidentiality Agreement and email/deliver to the department supervisor.
- Complete Federal W-4 and State W-4 Forms. Submit them to Human Resources in Curry Hall.
- Complete Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form) and submit to Human Resources.
- Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization and submit to Human Resources.