Nursing Accelerated Track
If you already hold a bachelor’s degree in a different field, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Jewell can be done in a fraction of the time and cost of a four-year degree. We emphasize mind, body and spirit, both in the classroom and in life based upon our Nursing Hallmarks: Integrity, Compassion, Leadership, Scholarship, Excellence in Practice and Service to Others.
- 85% employment rate prior to graduation
- 100% employment rate within 3 months of graduation
- 93% Accelerated Track first-time NCLEX pass rate in 2019
- 100% 4-year BSN first-time NCLEX pass rate in 2019
- You will be more than a number. Our program recognizes and supports your strengths.
- Enjoy your learning environment. Jewell’s beautiful campus is a great place to do your best work.
- Take the lead. Learn critical thinking and leadership skills that will last your entire career.
- Have the most competitive clinical experiences. Attend clinicals in the best hospitals and care facilities in the region.
Program selection is based upon:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- Completion of your application to William Jewell College
- Submission of official copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions at which you have been enrolled in courses or have received financial aid, even if credit was not awarded
- Applicants normally present a minimum GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale). GPA may be calculated on applicant’s entire academic record or on last 3 years of college attendance whichever is higher.
- One reference, preferably from an employer or a faculty member
- Completion of pre-nursing admission exam such as TEAS proficient or better and above the national mean or a PSB with median or higher scores. (A fee required if exam is taken at Jewell. Register for PSB test.)
- Record of successful academic progress. A student may repeat no more than one science course. An attempt is defined as enrollment in a class with the following indication on a transcript a) course grade, b) incomplete = I, c) Withdraw = W.
- Prerequisite courses completed prior to the beginning of nursing classes with a minimum grade of C in all courses. Preference is given to candidates with B- or better in prerequisite courses.
- Prerequisites for accelerated students are:
- Basic Psychology
- Microbiology with lab
- Written Communication
- College Algebra, Calculus I or Math for the Liberal Arts
- Human Anatomy with lab
- Human Physiology with lab
Anatomy and Physiology combined courses are accepted
- Any nursing courses, such as Nutrition, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, must transfer with a B- or better
- A selective and competitive interview with a member of the Nursing Department
- If selected for interview, submit a resume at interview including any community, volunteer and/or health-related experiences.